Everyone loves the golden color and cheesy goodness so much that I'm asked to bring this dish to all our get-togethers.—Karen Ochs, Erie, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the cheese, green pepper, onion and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over macaroni mixture and mix well.
- Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and browned. Yield: 18 (3/4-cup) servings.
Originally published as Baked Macaroni 'n' Cheese in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p54
Reviews for Baked Macaroni 'n' Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review