Baked Mac & Cheese Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; stir in the salt, pepper, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain pasta; stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mac & Cheese(5)
Sort By :
It was okay. The flavor was kind of flat and leftovers were pretty sticky. I may make a variation of this to add more flavor.
Had a good texture and taste. Simple to make. Will definitely made this again.
I added some ham and topped it with bread crumbs and it turned out great!!! The kids love it!
I really liked this recipe. It is the fourth different mac n cheese recipe I have tried and this one is my favorite. I add 1 lb. of pasta and almost double the seasonings. I have also made it with more shredded cheese. I tried making the night before and re-heating, not so good. Best to make and serve immediately. To reheat leftovers, I add a little milk to it then heat in microwave.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >