Baked Mac & Cheese
"I have added other ingredients like turkey, broccoli and cauliflower, to make this a full meal. The possibilities are endless!"
Denise Hash, Billings, MT
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, melt
- butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; stir in the
- salt, pepper, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in
- cheeses until melted.
- Drain pasta; stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt.
- baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until
- bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 428 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 602 mg sodium,