Baked Mac & Cheese for Two Recipe
"I have added other ingredients like turkey, broccoli and cauliflower, to make this a full meal. The possibilities are endless!" Denise Hash, Billings, MT
- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; stir in the salt, pepper, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses until melted.
- 2. Drain pasta; stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 2-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 351 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 602 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC