Baked Mac & Cheese for Two
"I have added other ingredients like turkey, broccoli and cauliflower, to make this a full meal. The possibilities are endless!"
Denise Hash, Billings, MT
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20
- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, melt
- butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; stir in the
- salt, pepper, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in
- cheeses until melted.
- Drain pasta; stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 2-cup
- baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until
- bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 351 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 602 mg sodium,