- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; stir in the salt, pepper, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain pasta; stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mac & Cheese
Sort By :
Didn't love it. Maybe I needed to cook the sauce a little longer before combining the sauce with the noodles, but it was grainy and runny. I've made that sauce before as a gravy many a times, and it's never tasted grainy. Maybe it was the cheddar cheese? Who knows? But I'll keep looking for that Homemade Mac n' Cheese recipe that I remembered eating as a kid!
A good little mac & cheese recipe that lends itself to lots of variations. Really easy to mix up and great flavor.
It was okay. The flavor was kind of flat and leftovers were pretty sticky. I may make a variation of this to add more flavor.
Had a good texture and taste. Simple to make. Will definitely made this again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >