No one will ever guess how much lighter these scrumptious long johns glazed with rich chocolate are than the fried ones you buy! —Nicki Lazorik, Mellen, Wisconsin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to eight 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter. Add milk; stir until smooth. Dip tops of doughnuts in glaze. Return to wire rack; let stand until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Long Johns in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p63
Reviews for Baked Long Johns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review