Baked Long Johns Recipe
No one will ever guess how much lighter these scrumptious long johns glazed with rich chocolate are than the fried ones you buy! —Nicki Lazorik, Mellen, Wisconsin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Transfer to eight 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter. Add milk; stir until smooth. Dip tops of doughnuts in glaze. Return to wire rack; let stand until set. Yield: 8 servings.
1 long john equals 291 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC