Baked Lobster Tails
Lobster tails are a rich and filling entree, especially when served alongside steak. In this recipe, our home economists cut three lobster tails in half to feed six people.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 lobster tails (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon wedges and additional melted butter, optional
- Split lobster tails in half lengthwise. With cut side up and using
- scissors, cut along the edge of shell to loosen the cartilage
- covering the tail meat from the shell; remove and discard cartilage.
- Pour water into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; place lobster tails in
- dish. Combine the parsley, salt and pepper; sprinkle over lobster.
- Drizzle with butter and lemon juice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is firm
- and opaque. Serve with lemon wedges and melted butter if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 lobster tail (calculated without additional butter) equals 120 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 405 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.