Baked Lobster Tails Recipe
- 3 lobster tails (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon wedges and additional melted butter, optional
- 1. Split lobster tails in half lengthwise. With cut side up and using scissors, cut along the edge of shell to loosen the cartilage covering the tail meat from the shell; remove and discard cartilage.
- 2. Pour water into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; place lobster tails in dish. Combine the parsley, salt and pepper; sprinkle over lobster. Drizzle with butter and lemon juice.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is firm and opaque. Serve with lemon wedges and melted butter if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 120 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Baked Lobster Tails
"I thought this recipe would be bland, but it really wasn't! It was very easy to make and had a great flavor - light and fresh."
"This was good and really easy."
"The lobster was moist and not rubbery at all! The seasoning was good. I did make one tweak though - I butterflied it instead following these directions: http://www.lobsterhelp.com/butterflying-lobster-tails.html"
"Fantastic, easy recipe! The only change I made was using a sprinkle of garlic-salt instead of regular salt. I will be making this again!"
"Good, it is definitely a side dish because it is so small after cooking."
"Safe recipe for Lobster."
"Made this in the toaster oven and it turned out delicious. Would definitely make it for New Year's Eve again!"
"This is my 3rd New Year's Eve in a row that we created lobster tails using this recipe. The only thing I have changed is adding some Old Bay to the mix! Delicious."
"Excellent recipe! A definite keeper! Never made lobster tail before, I'm so glad I tried it after reading all the good reviews. They were right, it's easy fast. They came out tender, juicy and perfectly flavored. My company loved it!"
"I never made lobster tail before and decided to give it a try for Valentine's Day. It was so easy and really delicious. I didn't quite understand the instructions for cutting the cartiladge since I've never worked with lobster before - but i just winged it and it turned out good. I made garlic butter for the side also."
"I'm making these again tonight, for the first time since November 2010. Lobster can be so expensive, and it's something I definitely don't want to mess up. The lobster comes out tender and juicy, and perfectly seasoned."
"Made these for a New Year's Eve meal and they were fantastic. Very easy and flavorful!"
"Very easy. There is no way to mess this one up. Used this reciepe to celebrate Mother's Day 2010 - and what a success! Timed perfectly; seasoned perfectly. Spot on!"
"So easy to make and delicious. I have always avoided lobster, unsure of how to cook it. This recipe is super."
"This recipe is very easy to follow, and the lobster tails turned out perfectly."