Baked Lemon Pudding
"THE TART TASTE of lemon brings the perfect finish to this meal. It was always a treat when Mother made this dessert."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl,
- combine sugar and flour. Stir in the milk, lemon juice, butter and
- lemon peel. Beat egg yolks; add to the lemon mixture. In a small
- bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until
- stiff peaks form. Fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Place in a large baking pan.
- Fill larger pan with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 310 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.