Baked Lemon Pudding Recipe
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in the milk, lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Beat egg yolks; add to the lemon mixture. In a small bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into lemon mixture.
- 2. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Place in a large baking pan. Fill larger pan with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 310 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.