Baked Lemon Pudding Recipe
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in the milk, lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Beat egg yolks; add to the lemon mixture. In a small bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into lemon mixture.
- 2. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Place in a large baking pan. Fill larger pan with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 310 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Lemon Pudding
"I know this recipe well. My mother used to make it in the "50s, but she called it "Honolulu Pudding". She found it in the newspaper or magazine."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.