- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in the milk, lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Beat egg yolks; add to the lemon mixture. In a small bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Place in a large baking pan. Fill larger pan with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Lemon Pudding in Reminisce Extra June 1995, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Lemon Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2007
I know this recipe well. My mother used to make it in the "50s, but she called it "Honolulu Pudding". She found it in the newspaper or magazine.