Baked Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and pepper; dredge the chicken. Set remaining flour mixture aside. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add reserved flour mixture; stir to form a thick paste. Gradually add broth, lemon juice, basil and thyme; mix well. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over the chicken. Top each half with a lemon slice. Sprinkle parsley. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 287 calories, 13g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Baked Lemon Chicken
"Very good! I seasoned the flour with lemon pepper seasoning and that was the only thing I did different. Very easy, will make again."
"The recipe was flavorful. I added a little more lemon based on reviews I read. The chicken turned out moist. We served this with rice. Overall easy recipe that is good for a work night."
"This chicken was awesome. I doubled the recipe to serve the 6 of us in my family. The lemon sauce was perfect. I didn't add the thyme since I don't really care for the taste. When I doubled the ingredients I only added 3 tsp. of basil which was plenty. I also cooked some basmati rice which was perfect when you poured some of the lemon sauce over it. This is an easy recipe and definitely a keeper."
"nice citrus flavor"
"I wasn't expecting it to be so intense with the herbs until I started adding them. I cut them down and still thought it was more of an herb lemon chicken then classified as a "lemon chicken." both my husband and i agreed that we wish it had more lemon flavor and would take the herbs down even more."
"I tried this recipe because i was tired of eating regular chicken, i really liked this recipe the only thing i would consider adding is a little salt to the blend. Other than that i really loved it and will be making it again!"
"Yum! I did not bake this. Just simmered in pan with the sauce, after browning chicken."
"Nice, moist chicken but I did lessen the amount of basil by about half so picky eaters wouldn't complain!"
"This is a very good chicken dish. I have made it for awhile now, and my family never tires of the lemon flavor and moistness. This has become a staple...we love it!! Sue"
"I cooked half the recipe for my husband and I and it turned out very good. I served it with garlic mashed potatoes with brussel sprouts and cauliflower. My husband really enjoyed the flavour. I will definitely make it again"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.