Baked Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and pepper; dredge the chicken. Set remaining flour mixture aside. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add reserved flour mixture; stir to form a thick paste. Gradually add broth, lemon juice, basil and thyme; mix well. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over the chicken. Top each half with a lemon slice. Sprinkle parsley. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with margarine and reduced-sodium broth and served without rice) equals 287 calories, 13 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Baked Lemon Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.