- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour and pepper; dredge the chicken. Set remaining flour mixture aside. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add reserved flour mixture; stir to form a thick paste. Gradually add broth, lemon juice, basil and thyme; mix well. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over the chicken. Top each half with a lemon slice. Sprinkle parsley. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Lemon Chicken
Sort By :
Very good! I seasoned the flour with lemon pepper seasoning and that was the only thing I did different. Very easy, will make again.
The recipe was flavorful. I added a little more lemon based on reviews I read. The chicken turned out moist. We served this with rice. Overall easy recipe that is good for a work night.
This chicken was awesome. I doubled the recipe to serve the 6 of us in my family. The lemon sauce was perfect. I didn't add the thyme since I don't really care for the taste. When I doubled the ingredients I only added 3 tsp. of basil which was plenty. I also cooked some basmati rice which was perfect when you poured some of the lemon sauce over it. This is an easy recipe and definitely a keeper.
My family loved this! The chicken was tender and sauce smooth. I used a whole can of chicken broth and added a tad more flour to the mix. We are a saucy bunch!
nice citrus flavor