Baked Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1-3/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 thin slices deli ham, halved lengthwise
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the spinach, egg, ricotta cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Place two pieces of ham on each noodle. Spread with 1/3 cup spinach mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 710 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 3047mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 53g protein.
Reviews for Baked Lasagna Roll Ups
"Great method. easy to assemble and serve, which would make it great for a party. For my family, it could use some herbs and maybe a bit of garlic in the filling."
"We do not like spinach so is there anything else I could replace this with?"
"Delicious and so easy! I left out the nutmeg because it sounded odd. Using ricotta cheese is far better than the cottage cheese often substituted in lasagna recipes. Will make again."
"Very simple to prepare and modify to suit anybody's tastes. Using ricotta is also a plus, instead of cottage cheese which never works for me. I left the ham out as we don't eat it. Great as a vegetarian dish! Thanks!"
"Delicious, they look like you fussed for hours but considerably easy to make. You can make it a Meatless Monday by skipping the ham and its still delicious. I remember when this recipe came out in 2001 thinking it was hard to make but even novice cooks will be surprised how easy this recipe is. Impressive dinner idea for that special person or persons."
"Delicious, they look like you fussed for hours but considerably easy to make. You can make it a "Meatless Monday" by skipping the ham and still delicious."
"This recipe was quick to prepare and delicious. What a nice variation of the flavors of lasagna. In addition to the pleasant flavor-twist, the recipe provides single-servings, making it good for families on the go and minimizing leftover waste. Thanks for sharing this recipe."
"Hey neighbor, I will be giving this a try. We just moved into Chewelah."
"I clicked 5 stars because I'm anticipating great things from it. This isn't a review but rather a question: Would someone please offer a suggestion on how to thaw and re-heat this recipe if one would choose to make it ahead of time and freeze until wanted? Thanks so much."
"simple way to make lasagna without a month's worth of leftovers!the ham surprised me, but really added a wonderful flavor!"
"Delicious, filling and so easy to make."