Baked Lasagna in a Bun Recipe
- 8 submarine or hoagie buns (8 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Make a 2-in.-wide V-shaped cut in the center of each bun to within 1 inch of bottom. Remove cut portion and save for another use. Place buns on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, garlic powder and Italian seasoning; heat through.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and half of the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Spoon meat sauce into buns; top with ricotta mixture. Cover loosely with foil.
- 4. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle tops with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses; bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 sandwich equals 650 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,170 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.