- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 8 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup cornflake crumbs
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and cumin until smooth. Beat in Monterey Jack cheese and cilantro. Spoon into jalapeno halves.
- Place egg and cornflake crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip filling side of jalapenos in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- Place on a greased baking sheet with crumb side up. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Baked Jalapenos
Sort By :
LIKE EVERYTHING THAT IS HOT.
Kudos to minliz64 for the crushed tortilla chip idea - it was awesome! (Note: we didn' bother with the egg either.) Consider baking these on foiled lined baking sheet to make clean-up easier (and lots quicker if you have guests.)
I doubled the recipe. I used crushed tortilla chips instead of corn flakes. You don't need the egg, the crumbs will stick to the filling.