Baked Italian Tomatoes
I made this recipe into a family favorite. We have a big garden each year, so most of the ingredients come right from the garden.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Halve and seed tomatoes; invert onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over tomato
- halves. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tomato halves equals 165 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.