Baked Italian Tilapia
It's easy to include healthful fish in your weekly menus with recipes as tasty and simple as this one! —KIMBERLY MCGEE, MOSHEIM, TENNESSEE
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, drained
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place tilapia in a 13x9-in. baking dish
- coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with pepper. Spoon tomatoes over
- tilapia; top with onion and green pepper.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15
- minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 215 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now