Edna Hoffman from Hebron, Indiana suggests a deliciously different way to dress up carrots on a wintry night. A dash of horseradish adds just the right amount of heat!
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 3-inch julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Dash paprika
- Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid. Place carrots in a 2-cup baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, salt, pepper and reserved liquid. Pour over carrots. Toss the cracker crumbs, butter and paprika; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Horseradish Carrots in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p49
Reviews for Baked Horseradish Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review