Baked Hominy and Cheese Recipe
My mother made this casserole when I was growing up, so I know the recipe is an old favorite with many folks. After I married, I made sure this dish was regular fare at our house. It's one of those versatile "go-with-anything" dishes my family loves!"
- 1 egg
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) white or yellow hominy, rinsed and drained
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg. Add hominy, cheese, milk, onion, bacon, butter and pepper; mix well. Spoon into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and top begins to brown. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 216 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC