Baked Hominy and Cheese Recipe
My mother made this casserole when I was growing up, so I know the recipe is an old favorite with many folks. After I married, I made sure this dish was regular fare at our house. It's one of those versatile "go-with-anything" dishes my family loves!"
- 1 egg
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) white or yellow hominy, rinsed and drained
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg. Add hominy, cheese, milk, onion, bacon, butter and pepper; mix well. Spoon into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and top begins to brown. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 216 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Baked Hominy and Cheese
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2014
"I love hominy any way its made. This is good."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC