Baked Hominy and Cheese Recipe
My mother made this casserole when I was growing up, so I know the recipe is an old favorite with many folks. After I married, I made sure this dish was regular fare at our house. It's one of those versatile "go-with-anything" dishes my family loves!"
- 1 egg
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) white or yellow hominy, rinsed and drained
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Add hominy, cheese, milk, onion, bacon, butter and pepper; mix well. Spoon into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and top begins to brown. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Hominy and Cheese in Reminisce March/April 1994, p55
Reviews for Baked Hominy and Cheese(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review