My mother made this casserole when I was growing up, so I know the recipe is an old favorite with many folks. After I married, I made sure this dish was regular fare at our house. It's one of those versatile "go-with-anything" dishes my family loves!"
- 1 egg
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) white or yellow hominy, rinsed and drained
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Add hominy, cheese, milk, onion, bacon, butter and pepper; mix well. Spoon into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and top begins to brown. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Hominy and Cheese in Reminisce March/April 1994, p55
Reviews for Baked Hominy and Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2014
"I love hominy any way its made. This is good."