Baked Home-style Mashed Potatoes Recipe
These flavorful mashed potatoes provide a hearty accompaniment to any meat entree--a sure pleaser!
- 1/2 pound cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash celery seed
- 1 slice white bread, cubed and toasted
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- 2. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the egg, onion, milk, butter, salt, pepper and celery seed; beat on low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in bread cubes.
- 3. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 200 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Baked Home-style Mashed Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC