Baked Herb Puffs Recipe
Ground mustard, parsley and green onions make these savory puffs a nice addition to any meal. I often freeze them, then reheat for a few minutes in the oven. —Dorothy Smith, El Dorado, Arkansas
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, mustard, salt and pepper to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Add parsley and green onions; mix well.
- 2. Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut a slit in each to allow steam to escape; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving equals 88 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC