Ground mustard, parsley and green onions make these savory puffs a nice addition to any meal. I often freeze them, then reheat for a few minutes in the oven. —Dorothy Smith, El Dorado, Arkansas
Recommended: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, mustard, salt and pepper to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Add parsley and green onions; mix well.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut a slit in each to allow steam to escape; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Baked Herb Puffs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p48
Reviews forBaked Herb Puffs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2012
"Very good - I had to bake them abit longer than 20 minutes. Froze very well and I warmed them in the oven before serving."