Baked Herb Pork Roast Recipe
I received this recipe when we moved to Oklahoma. A going-away party was held for us, and the guests were asked to bring their favorite recipe as a remembrance. The special friend who brought this one has since died, and every time I make it, a flood of wonderful memories fills my heart.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add roast; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Place flour in oven bag; shake to coat. Place oven bag in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drain pork, discarding marinade; add pork to oven bag. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close bag with tie provided.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC