Baked Herb Catfish
Spice up August, National Catfish Month, with these well-seasoned fillets. A healthy twist on batter-fried catfish, the baked entree cuts the calories and saves the flavor. —Kathy Giannone, West Henrietta, NY
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine the first seven ingredients; sprinkle over fillets on both
- sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the
- lemon juice, butter and garlic; drizzle over fillets.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 249 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon