Spice up August, National Catfish Month, with these well-seasoned fillets. A healthy twist on batter-fried catfish, the baked entree cuts the calories and saves the flavor. —Kathy Giannone, West Henrietta, NY
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine the first seven ingredients; sprinkle over fillets on both sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the lemon juice, butter and garlic; drizzle over fillets.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Herb Catfish in Country Woman August/September 2009, p40
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Herb Catfish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review