Baked Hash Browns Recipe
"Mother always served this creamy, satisfying potato dish to company, and now I do, too," writes Julie Driskel of Magnolia, Arkansas. "It tastes especially good with steak or roast beef."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Bake: 55 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place patties in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Pour cream over patties.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC