"Mother always served this creamy, satisfying potato dish to company, and now I do, too," writes Julie Driskel of Magnolia, Arkansas. "It tastes especially good with steak or roast beef."
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place patties in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Pour cream over patties.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Hash Browns in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p8
Reviews for Baked Hash Browns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review