Baked Hamburgers Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 hamburger buns, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the onion, bread crumbs, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. Combine the water, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, vinegar and remaining salt; pour over patties.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 363 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1240mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Baked Hamburgers
"This is a great, basic hamburger recipe that everyone will like. Add hot sauce for more zing, and any topping you'd like. We live in the Arctic, where it is not always possible to BBQ, and I don't like frying patties on the stove. This recipe gives us an option that still has that grilled feeling to it. My husband loved the sauce, and I like the fact that it bakes into the meat. Another reviewer commented that this is merely a meatloaf recipe, but what are hamburgers if not little meat loaves, if you think about it."
"THESE BURGERS ARE GREAT!! MY HUSBAND AND SON LOVE THEM, THANK YOU FOR THE RECIPE"
"Very good! Taste just like a fast food burger but much healthier I'm sure!"
"Very Good!!!! A nice quick meal that everybody loved."
"My family loved these burgers and they received an immediate "repeatable" vote from the kids. Simple ingredients, easy to fix, and great taste. Can't ask for much more!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.