Baked Ham with Pineapple Recipe
Widely known as a symbol of hospitality, pineapple inspired a theme dinner my husband and I hosted and was the star ingredient on our menu. Its fine flavor sparked this easy and delicious entree. -JoAnn Fox, Johnson City, Tennessee
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 5 maraschino cherries
- 1. Place ham in roasting pan. Score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes; insert cloves into diamonds. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Combine brown sugar and pineapple juice; pour over ham. Arrange pineapple and cherries on ham. Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and the ham is heated through. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (6 ounces) equals 219 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 924 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC