Baked Ham with Honey-Chipotle Glaze Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 2-1/4 cups ginger ale
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine ginger ale, brown sugar, honey and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until glaze is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup for sauce.
- Baste ham with some of the remaining glaze. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with additional glaze. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Baked Ham with Honey-Chipotle Glaze(16)
Sort By :
Made this for a big family function. What a hit! I made a double batch of the sauce which people wanted to eat by itself and we just kept talking of ALL the other foods it would be great on!! Yummy!
We just had this for the second time. We love the glaze! It is so easy to make and really adds a nice flavor to the ham.
A simple and delicious recipe! A go to for every holiday!
Diane Higgins, Tampa, FL
Made this for Easter 2013 & it was delicious!! Would definitely make this again!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Ham Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Ham Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Glazed Ham Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Honey Ham Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >