Baked Ham with Honey-Chipotle Glaze Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 2-1/4 cups ginger ale
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine ginger ale, brown sugar, honey and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until glaze is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup for sauce.
- 3. Baste ham with some of the remaining glaze. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with additional glaze. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
6 ounces cooked ham with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 394 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,579 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Ham with Honey-Chipotle Glaze
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer