Baked Ham with Cumberland Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 fully-cooked ham with bone (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Whole cloves
- CUMBERLAND SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup dried currants
- 1. Remove skin from ham; score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts. Making diamond shapes. Mix brown sugar and mustard; rub into fat of ham. Insert a whole clove in center of each diamond. Place ham in a large roaster with a baking rack.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-22 minutes per pound or until ham is heated through and thermometer reads 140°.
- 3. For sauce, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often. Serve with ham. Yield: 8-10 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
8 ounce-weight: 325 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1233mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Baked Ham with Cumberland Sauce
"Easy and elegant way to serve ham! Gourmet results with a minimum of time and fussing! Great for holiday or company dinners, or just for the family on Sunday. I keep red currant jelly on hand just for this recipe, since I like to serve ham a lot."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer