Baked Ham with Cumberland Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 fully-cooked ham with bone (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Whole cloves
- CUMBERLAND SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup dried currants
- 1. Remove skin from ham; score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts. Making diamond shapes. Mix brown sugar and mustard; rub into fat of ham. Insert a whole clove in center of each diamond. Place ham in a large roaster with a baking rack.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-22 minutes per pound or until ham is heated through and thermometer reads 140°.
- 3. For sauce, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often. Serve with ham. Yield: 8-10 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 325 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 1,233 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Ham with Cumberland Sauce
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer