Baked Ham with Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Place ham in a roasting pan. Score surface of ham with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Combine the brown sugar, syrup and mustard; rub over ham and press into cuts.
- 2. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through.
- 3. For cherry sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add cherries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and extract. Serve with ham. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 557 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,852 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer