Baked Ham Hoagies Recipe
For any holiday or gathering, I prefer quick-and-easy dishes since I work full-time. This main dish is fun since everyone can fix their own sandwich the way they like it. Adding cola to the ham while it bakes makes for moist, tasty slices. -Sundra Hauck, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 15 to 20 hoagie buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, sliced Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and tomatoes
- 1. Place ham in a roasting pan. Score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Add water to the pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours.
- 2. Pour cola over ham; sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°.
- 3. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve on buns with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. Yield: 15-20 servings.
1 each: 266 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1202mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Baked Ham Hoagies
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2011
"delicious mmy kids absolutely loved it"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC