Baked Ham Hoagies
For any holiday or gathering, I prefer quick-and-easy dishes since I work full-time. This main dish is fun since everyone can fix their own sandwich the way they like it. Adding cola to the ham while it bakes makes for moist, tasty slices.
-Sundra Hauck, Bogalusa, Louisiana
15-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 15 to 20 hoagie buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, sliced Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and tomatoes
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Score the surface with shallow diagonal
- cuts, making diamond shapes. Add water to the pan. Cover and bake at
- 325° for 1-1/4 hours.
- Pour cola over ham; sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake, uncovered, 30-45
- minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve on buns with lettuce,
- cheese and tomatoes. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 266 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,202 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.