Baked Ham Hoagies Recipe
For any holiday or gathering, I prefer quick-and-easy dishes since I work full-time. This main dish is fun since everyone can fix their own sandwich the way they like it. Adding cola to the ham while it bakes makes for moist, tasty slices. -Sundra Hauck, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 15 to 20 hoagie buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, sliced Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and tomatoes
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Add water to the pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours.
- Pour cola over ham; sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve on buns with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Baked Ham Hoagies in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p39
Reviews for Baked Ham Hoagies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Ham Sandwich Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >