Baked Ham and Colby Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices Colby cheese
- 16 thinly sliced deli ham (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, poppy seeds and sugar. Place roll bottoms, cut side up, in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Top each with Colby cheese, ham and mozzarella. Brush with half of the butter mixture.
- 2. Replace roll tops. Brush with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Baked Ham and Colby Sandwiches
"Quick and easy supper! My family loved the sauce that topped the sandwiches. Since I am not that big on mustard, I substituted about 1/2 tsp. of dry mustard that offered a milder flavor. I also left out the poppy seeds and decreased the amount of sugar. I did not have colby cheese on hand so I substituted sharp cheddar which worked out fine. The whole pan was eaten, as well as the oven-fried potato wedges that I served with them. This is a nice way to use up leftover deli ham."
"This was a very interesting recipe. Adding the sugar to the mustard (I used spicy brown) added an interesting touch. We all liked it and it was easier for a group than grilled ham and cheese."