Baked Ham and Colby Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices Colby cheese
- 16 thinly sliced deli ham (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, poppy seeds and sugar. Place roll bottoms, cut side up, in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Top each with Colby cheese, ham and mozzarella. Brush with half of the butter mixture.
- 2. Replace roll tops. Brush with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Baked Ham and Colby Sandwiches
"Quick and easy supper! My family loved the sauce that topped the sandwiches. Since I am not that big on mustard, I substituted about 1/2 tsp. of dry mustard that offered a milder flavor. I also left out the poppy seeds and decreased the amount of sugar. I did not have colby cheese on hand so I substituted sharp cheddar which worked out fine. The whole pan was eaten, as well as the oven-fried potato wedges that I served with them. This is a nice way to use up leftover deli ham."
"This was a very interesting recipe. Adding the sugar to the mustard (I used spicy brown) added an interesting touch. We all liked it and it was easier for a group than grilled ham and cheese."