Baked Ham and Colby Sandwiches
This yummy recipe is a winner with friends and family. Not only are the warm sandwiches a snap to prepare, but they smell so good when baking that no can resist them. They are a staple at our get-togethers.Sherry Crenshaw, Fort Worth, Texas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices Colby cheese
- 16 thinly sliced deli ham (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, poppy seeds and
- sugar. Place roll bottoms, cut side up, in an ungreased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Top each with Colby cheese, ham and
- mozzarella. Brush with half of the butter mixture.
- Replace roll tops. Brush with remaining butter mixture. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 15 servings.