Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 slices bread
- 2 slices fully cooked ham
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Fresh asparagus tips, cooked
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. Place two slices of bread in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish or two individual baking dishes. Top each with a slice of ham and cheese; top with remaining bread.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, mustard and parsley. Pour over sandwiches. Let stand for 5 minutes; carefully turn sandwiches over and let stand 5 minutes longer.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Top with asparagus and cheese if desired. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted and a knife inserted into the egg mixture comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
"Even better with gruyere cheese !! Thank you."
"Freaking DISASTER. I wish I'd trusted my instincts and put them on the griddle instead because they NEVER firmed up. What a waste of ingredients. Threw it away and wound up eating cold ham sandwiches. STAY AWAY."