Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
I COLLECT cookbooks and enjoy reading them much like a novel. But when I start cooking, I create my own recipes to suit my taste. I used to cater parties and found I often had to be resourceful. This sandwich is one of my creations, so easy to cook for two and even one! -Norma Curtis, Ithaca, Michigan
- 4 slices bread
- 2 slices fully cooked ham
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Fresh asparagus tips, cooked
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. Place two slices of bread in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish or two individual baking dishes. Top each with a slice of ham and cheese; top with remaining bread.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, mustard and parsley. Pour over sandwiches. Let stand for 5 minutes; carefully turn sandwiches over and let stand 5 minutes longer.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Top with asparagus and cheese if desired. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted and a knife inserted into the egg mixture comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC