Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 slices bread
- 2 slices fully cooked ham
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Fresh asparagus tips, cooked
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Place two slices of bread in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish or two individual baking dishes. Top each with a slice of ham and cheese; top with remaining bread.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, mustard and parsley. Pour over sandwiches. Let stand for 5 minutes; carefully turn sandwiches over and let stand 5 minutes longer.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Top with asparagus and cheese if desired. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted and a knife inserted into the egg mixture comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Sort By :
Even better with gruyere cheese !! Thank you.
Freaking DISASTER. I wish I'd trusted my instincts and put them on the griddle instead because they NEVER firmed up. What a waste of ingredients. Threw it away and wound up eating cold ham sandwiches. STAY AWAY.