Baked Ham 'n' Cheese Croissants Recipe
—Ann Chrysler, Adrian, Michigan
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 croissants, split
- 2 pounds shaved deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced baby Swiss cheese
- 1. Place onions and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in the mustard, poppy seeds and lemon juice. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through.
- 2. Spread onion mixture over cut sides of croissants. On bottom halves, layer ham and cheese; replace tops.
- 3. Wrap each sandwich in foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 595 calories, 37 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 2,262 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC