- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 croissants, split
- 2 pounds shaved deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced baby Swiss cheese
- Place onions and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in the mustard, poppy seeds and lemon juice. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Spread onion mixture over cut sides of croissants. On bottom halves, layer ham and cheese; replace tops.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Ham 'n' Cheese Croissants in Country Woman November/December 2006, p39
Reviews for Baked Ham 'n' Cheese Croissants
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2011
This was easy & good. I made for guests & served with a potato soup. I would make again for a change-up of another hot ham sandwich I make that I like better.