- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices day-old Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 8 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place four slices butter side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with American cheese, ham and Parmesan. Top with remaining bread, butter side up.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour over bread; turn each sandwich. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Ham 'N' Cheddar Sandwiches
"Made for New Year's breakfast, my husband loved it! I use American/Swiss cheese and sprinkled some shredded Swiss cheese on top and served with hash browns. Filling and delicious!"
"The test kitchen has reviewed this recipe again and made a modification so the sandwiches wouldn't be soggy. The recipe now has 3 eggs and only 3/4 cup milk.We apologize for the earlier oversight.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"made a double batch to feed the whole family. first batch terribly soggy on the bottom. second batch flipped 1/2 way through on broil. much better, but not worth making again."
"My boys absolutely love this. It is a good breakfast, lunch, dinner recipe!"