I've been baking these classic sandwiches for breakfast for just over 30 years. My family really likes them, so I make this often.—Rita Bertino, Vineland, New Jersey
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices day-old Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 8 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place four slices butter side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with American cheese, ham and Parmesan. Top with remaining bread, butter side up.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour over bread; turn each sandwich. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Ham 'N' Cheddar Sandwiches in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p269
Reviews for Baked Ham 'N' Cheddar Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review