We once lived near Homer, Alaska, the Halibut Capital of the World. We fondly recall Alaska's Kenai Peninsula every time we enjoy this dish. —Rebecca McLaughlin, Piano Beach, California
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 6 halibut steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- Place the butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with onions. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8 minutes or until tender. Spread mayonnaise over both sides of halibut; coat with cornflake crumbs. Place over onions.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Halibut with Onions in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p64
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Halibut with Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review