Baked Halibut with Onions Recipe
We once lived near Homer, Alaska, the Halibut Capital of the World. We fondly recall Alaska's Kenai Peninsula every time we enjoy this dish. Rebecca McLaughlin, Piano Beach, California
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 6 halibut steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- Place the butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with onions. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8 minutes or until tender. Spread mayonnaise over both sides of halibut; coat with cornflake crumbs. Place over onions.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Halibut with Onions in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p64
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Halibut with Onions(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review