Our Test Kitchen shares this recipe for tender haddock fillets mildly seasoned with lemon and dill. They're accompanied by thick and creamy homemade tartar sauce. Use up the extra fish in the two dishes that follow.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 haddock fillets (5 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 medium lemons, sliced
- TARTAR SAUCE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Place fillets in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Sprinkle with dill. Arrange lemon slices over fillets. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. In a small bowl, combine the tartar sauce ingredients. Serve
- with fish. Yield: 6-8 servings (3 fillets) plus 6 cups cooked fish.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 334 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon