Baked Ginger Pears Recipe
These dressed-up canned pears are a nice alternative to baked apples. Sweetened with a little brown sugar and sprinkled with pecans and ginger, they're wonderful served warm or cold, notes Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pear halves in juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 gingersnap cookies, crumbled
- 1. Drain pears, reserving juice; set aside eight pear halves and 1/4 cup juice (save remaining pears and juice for another use).
- 2. Arrange pear halves cut side up in an ungreased 5-cup baking dish. Combine the brown sugar, pecans, lemon juice and ginger; sprinkle over pears.
- 3. Spoon reserved pear juice around pears. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with cookie crumbs. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 114 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 0 fat.
Reviews for Baked Ginger Pears
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC