Baked Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons celery salt
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1. In a large shallow glass dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Place cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl; roll chicken in crumbs until coated. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine butter and oil; pour over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 529 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 1157mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein .
Reviews for Baked Garlic Chicken
"The moistest chicken I have ever eaten!"
"very good cold also"
"This was very good. Next time I will cut the celery salt way down, I thought there was too much."
"This is very tasty! I made half the recipe using three 6-oz. pieces, Ritz crackers, and olive oil. I baked the chix for 45 min.; next time I'll try it at 35 min. -Lori in WI."
"This recipe was a hit with all my children from toddler to college student. The chicken is very moist and tasty. Not a bite was left at meal's end."
"This recipe is absolutely delicious! I teach a basic cooking class and used this recipe and there was nothing left. Also, I made this recipe for friends and they took the little bit of leftovers home with them. Great recipe!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.