"I serve this tender chicken with rice and green beans cooked in chicken broth," writes Suzanne Zick of Osceola, Arkansas. Its rich crispy coating is golden and nicely seasoned with garlic, celery salt and paprika.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons celery salt
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large shallow glass dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Place cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl; roll chicken in crumbs until coated. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine butter and oil; pour over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Garlic Chicken in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p59
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Garlic Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review