Baked Fruit Medley
Years ago, I would frequently serve my staff at work breakfast to thank them for their hard work. This comforting fruit casserole was always on the menu.
—Patricia, Swanson, Cabot, Arkansas
3-4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Drain pears, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set juice aside. Place pears,
- oranges and lime peel in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar and pear juice; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over fruit. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 298 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.