- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) grapefruit sections, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup pitted dried plums
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Madeira wine, optional
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine first six ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in wine if desired. Pour over fruit and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 11 servings.
Originally published as Baked Fruit Compote in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p69
Reviews for Baked Fruit Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Fruit Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Peach Recipes >